Sunday, October 16, 2005

Carrots with Brown Sugar and Nutmeg

I love cooked carrots, but my husband doesn't. The only way he'll eat them is with some kind of sauce, so I figured this dish out. I cut carrots into coins, then steam them. When they are about done, I remove them from heat, dump the water from the bottom of the steamer pan and put the carrots in it. I add some butter, a pinch of nutmeg and some brown sugar (light or dark depending on my mood, or whichever box is easier to get to) and sautee it until the sugar and butter are melted and the carrots are coated. If I've got other pots going, I just put a lid on the carrots and take them off heat; they will keep for ten minutes or so (just don't overcook them during the steaming process). It's an easy dish, tasty and attractive, and most people like it, even carrot-haters like my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home